Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Cracking Good Read

Antony Loewenstein on Australia's future:
Australia has a long history of romanticising the individuals who make a fortune selling our natural resources, regardless of the cost to the environment. Gina Reinhart, profiled in this stunning New Yorker piece, is part of this tradition, pushing tax-free, economic zones and advocating low wages so she makes a killing. It’s vulture capitalism on crack
It's Rinehart, as noted within the "Stunning New Yorker piece" Antony apparently didn't read.

This is not the first time Loewenstein has struggled with a woman's name.

See? Antony is not a one-trick Israel-hating pony. He can make embarrassingly basic errors about other topics as well!

Today it's "vulture capitalism on crack". Previously:
as corporations are systemically raping Papua New Guinea; it’s disaster capitalism on crack with little oversight
Antony appears to be addicted to "crack":
Christian Zionism on crack over Israel
 
The American media and race relations on crack, smoked by Rupert 
Privatisation on crack
Orwell on Crack
And of course:
Israel’s PR strategy is so shambolic and useless, one wonders if it’s been designed by a bar-mitzvah student on crack
Say what you want about crack-addicts Antony, at least they can write.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Ant L said...

Oh Dan, you naughty boy - always having a crack at me aren't you, you old stalker, you. I don't need the pubelickety any more, but thank you for your well-intentioned attentions.

I wish you all the best. You may do better if you ignore trivial matters like speeling. It is the force and vision of my ideers which have propelled my career as best-selling author and internationally renowned pubic intellectual. Proof readers are a dime a dozen!

Yore approach sees you more suited to primary school teaching. I think you kneed some new friends from the left. They have shown me the lessons of humility - that you have to hate yourself to have them love yourself. Come on Dan, get on the right side of history. What difference does another six million make?





12:03 PM  
Anonymous Chistery said...

Firstly, kudos to Ants for having a crack at being funny. Actually it's the only thing he's written that has been worth reading, and it's on RWDB!

Secondly, I've always thought the line is blurred between one person's public intellectual and another's useful idiot. I think I now have some hard evidence.

Thirdly, Ant feels he's on a winner with his 'crack' metaphor, so why stop using it? The reason is that it looks like English on valium.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous TBS said...

Was that a real AL post???
Reads like he's on crack!!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I very much doubt that was Antony. We know he reads this, but he has never responded to any of his critics except to sneer and cite them as evidence of a great conspiracy.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Ant L said...

Dan, I usually don't respond to the haters, but I know that deep down you aren't like that. That is why you write about me so often. It is an honor, even for a best-spelling author like myself, to be the object of your magnificent obsession.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous TBS said...

"best-spelling author!!" LOL

I recvently had a spat with the BDS pushing "comic" Aamer Rahman. He accused me oif being crack too.
So it must be a Bigoted Leftist Thang.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Ant L said...

"recvently"

Careful TBS. Dan is quite the spelling Nazi.

I thought my best line was "Proof readers are a dime a dozen!"

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home