Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Super-brained dissent crusher

Over the past few days there has been a nasty little comments fight going on over at social-democratic Australian academic and blogger John Quiggin's site. He got the ball rolling by making some pretty silly comments which I challenged. The professor refused to respond to me directly – apparently my lowly BA does not merit a response – and generally tried to ignore my posts. Christopher Sheil – see profile here – felt obliged to try to save the professor's self-esteem by attacking mine, alluding to me living under a rock. I, on the other hand, was totally civil throughout.

Last night John Quiggin's site refused to accept my comments, and continues to refuse further comments. Late this afternoon I noticed my later, more pointed comments had been removed. There has been no response to an email asking about my posting status and the disappearing comments.

It seems the professor can dish out but can't take it. RWDB 1, John Quiggin 0.

2 Comments:

Anonymous The_Real_JeffS said...

I had a similar problem -- it seems redirects from Tim Blair's site are blocked. I had to use an alternate route to attempt a comment. I'll have to see it that one survived Quiggin's censorship.

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Jorgen said...

Well, he is an academic (I know academics well having been one) and a leftie so what do you expect?

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home