Sunday, August 07, 2005

SANDINISTA FANTASY LOVER

Recently noted by Tim Blair:
Daniel Ortega and his little Sandinista buddies face revived claims of crimes against humanity. Remember when lefties adored these goons? Possibly they still do.
Well yes, the Sandinistas are still much loved:
I was 'in love' with a man I had met once eight months ago for two hours. We had held hands but never kissed. I could hardly recall what he looked like.

In fact, he was every teenage girl's fantasy: a dark, tousled, motorbike-riding Latino doctor who had earned himself the title of freedom fighter by joining the Sandinista army against the US-backed Contras during the Nicaraguan civil war of the 1980s. Che Guevara was a tousled motorbike-riding Latino doctor turned freedom fighter! I was living the posters and the T-shirts! No, I was living with the poster boy!
My daughter just stared at me blankly when asked if she fantasizes about dark, tousled, motorbike-riding, Sandinista thug, Latino doctors. But, I suppose the daughter of a RWDB is hardly typical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home