Friday, December 01, 2006

BORAT AUDIENCE CONFIRMS PRECONCEIVED NOTION

Andrew Bolt's scathing review of Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan pretty much confirmed my preconceived notion of what the movie is like. Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat character attempts to draw humour from deceiving people, who have gone out of their way to be nice to him, don't strike me as funny.

That the Borat film probably isn't worth watching was earlier confirmed when I went to the cinemas yesterday to see Flags of Our Fathers (which was, by the way, a big disappointment). As I waited to go into cinema six, the Borat crowd exited cinema five. It was the most motley crew of mullets, piercings, tattoos and general scruffiness I've seen in while. On that basis alone I'm going to give Borat a miss.

1 Comments:

Anonymous J F Beck said...

This is going to date me but the last concert I can remember going to was Fleetwood Mac -- a pre Stevie Nicks incarnation of the band.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home