Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Belated Earth Day post

Here's environmental expert Bill Maher:
So, here on Earth Day, let me remind everyone of this: the most vulnerable point of the earth is the atmosphere, which acts like a giant mirror, absorbing 95% of the sun's energy. Now, when I heard that, I said, "Honey, that sounds important!" And I'm not even married. If we don't protect the atmosphere, ultraviolet radiation will fry us like ants under a magnifying glass. I know these kind of facts aren't in the Bible - but maybe - but maybe we should think about them. After all, it could affect Brad and Jen!

It's not a real threat, like an activist judge. But it's kind of important. Because in the last half century, this precious atmosphere of ours has thinned by 40%. And this worries me, because in the exact same time frame, my hair has thinned by 40%. It worked out for me, but the earth may not be so lucky.
Giant mirror? Thinning atmosphere? UV frying us like ants? This guy's hilarious.

Via: daily kos

6 Comments:

Anonymous richard mcenroe said...

When you're a genuine celebrity (just ask him) the whole world's your mirror...

8:20 AM  
Anonymous richard mcenroe said...

When you're a genuine celebrity (just ask him) the whole world's your mirror...

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

Maybe he thinks that mirrors absorb the soul, like primitive tribespeople do.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous The_Real_JeffS said...

Maher would need a soul in the first place.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous richard mcenroe said...

The real JeffS — Alcohol dissolves souls?

11:16 PM  
Anonymous The_Real_JeffS said...

I think Maher sold his soul for 15 minutes of fame. Either that, or it atrophied from lack of use.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home