Sunday, December 31, 2006

A THREAT WORSE THAN GLOBAL WARMING?

In an article titled A Threat Worse Than Global Warming, Al Eisele goes against the Huffington Post flow:
I hate to start off the new year on a downbeat note, but I'm having nightmares about nuclear terrorism.
Commenters think him misguided:
  • My kneejerk reaction is to fear the bomb being set off in America more, but when I look at the causes for global warming, and consider that all those people will die so that we can live in such obscene extravagance, well, I have mixed feelings.

  • I'm not sleeping very well either but for different reasons. Edward Teller was the modern day equivalent to Dick Cheney.

  • While nuclear weapons pack devastating power, I'm not sure that they are as awful as most proclaim. For example, if one nuclear bomb kills 200,000 Iraqis in a single strike, how much different is that from killing 600,000 over a period of 3 years?
Everything is relative, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home