Wednesday, January 31, 2007

HEROVILLE

Herouxville, Canada has created a stir with this welcome to immigrants on its municipal website:
"We wish to inform these new arrivals that the way of life which they abandoned when they left their countries of origin cannot be recreated here," the declaration reads.

"We consider it completely outside norms to... kill women by stoning them in public, burning them alive, burning them with acid, circumcising them etc."

In related news, a Montreal policeman is in strife for offensive lyric writing:
The song includes the lines: "We want to accept ethnics, but not at any price... if you're not happy with your fate, there's a place called the airport."
I blame global warming.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is for the gentleman in Quebec who has spoken out regarding the immigration situation in his Province. I tip my hat to you sir! You have spoken what most Canadians are feeling and for one reason or another is afraid to speak--Political corectness I expect would be the main reason. I and my family live in the West, and we have exactly the same situation here with immigrants. I am not opposed to people who wish to better them selves by coming to another Country. In fact I totally respect them for it. However, when they do come here to Canada they ought not to try and bring their own set of regulations with them. Instead, They need to adapt to OURS. You sir, need to run for higher office--much higher office.

Al & Sharon

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home