Sunday, July 12, 2009

EYE-SCRATCHING ATTEMPTED


The Grodsters vs Jeremy hostility goes bitchy in comments to a Harry Potter post by Jeremy at Pure Poison.

Grodster John Surname has a go at Green supporter Jeremy:
Is Harry Potter the new Greens, completely untouchable? I assume, being a Friday, that this was published in the Entertainment Guide. I fail to see any intellectual dishonesty in not liking a series of children’s books and films.
Jeremy responds:
I suppose that’s in The Age publishing it as if it were a piece of genuine literary criticism, when it’s just a vague whinge about Harry Potter being popular.

By all means, write a post condemning the series for actual faults. That’s what this piece implied it was going to do - and then didn’t.
Drawing this comeback:
“That’s what this piece implied it was going to do - and then didn’t.”

No it didn’t. Right from the headline it was pretty clear about what kind of piece it was going to be. I feel your dislike of this article has more to do with the fact it takes the piss out of adult fans. Like you.
To which Jeremy retorts:
“I feel your dislike of this article has more to do with the fact it takes the piss out of adult fans. Like you.”

Thanks, John, but no - I don’t see myself in her criticism at all. Come to think of it, I do see a little bit of you in her, though.
With Surname concluding:
Thanks Jeremy, your response proved my point.
Funny how these lefty-spats seem to go all personal.


Editing note: Misspelling in title corrected, after a couple of tries.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Toaf said...

And WTF is eye-scrathing? I think I missed the joke there.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Abu Chowdah said...

Toaf, your knee-jerk defense of clearly pathetic behaviour is... pathetic. I always thought you were a cut above, but perhaps not.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous ARIII said...

Damien appears to be feeling left out.

Jezza had a point about the sneering tone of the original article but I was surprised to find that Surname's comments (at least those quoted by Beck) were bang on the money.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Toef said...

CUNT!!!!!!!!!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Jay Santos said...

"An answer to why we see the abuse we conservatives get from lefties."

More than likely it's because they have little to say of any real value.

Just look at some of the childish exchanges on PeePee this past weekend.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home