Thursday, March 26, 2009

OBSESSION NOTICED

Jeremy borrows the Grods.com technique of site-searching for particular words, searching Bolt and Blair's blogs for "teleprompter". Site-searching Pure Poison, operating only since 17 February 2009, for Bolt and Blair, produces results much more indicative of obsession.

Speaking of obsession, here's a tally of Jeremy's Bolt-mentions for the period from February 2005 until the end of February 2009. At his various sites during that time – Anonymous Lefty, Bolt Watch, Blair/Bolt Watch and Pure Poison – Jeremy mentions Bolt 2,765 times.

That number includes all individual mentions, ie "Andrew Bolt", "Andrew", "Andy", "Bolt", etc.

"Andrew Bolt" only counts as a single mention, of course.

Not counted are Jeremy's mentions of Bolt in his comments or in comments elsewhere.

This means that Jeremy has mentioned Bolt 1.88 times per day for 1468 days. Or, in other words, nearly two mentions per day for four entire years.

Some months were particularly Bolt-heavy. In June 2005, Jeremy mentioned Bolt 186 times – or a mention every four hours for an entire month. A boy band-obsession site would struggle to match that.

From the end of April, Jeremy's Bolt mania eased off. Sometimes he got his addiction down to single figures per month.

But then the Pure Poison site began. Over the entire 49 months examined, the average count is 56.4 mentions per month. He's now back on track, mentioning Bolt 55 times in February.

March remains to be counted. (These figures are yet to be verified by independent audit.)

Jeremy needs to get a life.

Update: Over the past few days I've received a couple of similar emails from Wordpress:
You are receiving this message to confirm that you wish to receive comment notifications by email for the blog post 'Lefty pwned' on the blog 'An Onymous Lefty'.

If you did not request this action, please disregard this message.
This is really odd considering I've not commented at "An Onymous Lefty". Gee, it seems I have my very own obsessive lefty admirer.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Margo's Maid said...

Nice bit of detective work, JF - and it doesn't even count the mentions by Jeremy's boy servants. I imagine the walls of Jez's bedroom are also covered in Bolt and Blair columns.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous J F Beck said...

Yep, 76 is close to 2,765. You should have tried "Lambert", "DDT" or "Loewenstein".

9:42 PM  
Anonymous nic said...

More like 'An onanist lefty'

9:57 PM  
Anonymous J F Beck said...

I'm lazy; why blog Loewenstein when Sear is easier?

10:06 PM  
Anonymous cosmicjester said...

"Sear is easier"

hehe. I dont know, you have been trying to charm him for four years now but still no juice. Could always try flowers.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous J F Beck said...

What is it with you guys and the attempted gayness insults? Anyway, Jezza is teh hotness!!1!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For someone who calls him or herself a "jester" - you'd expect him or her to be at least a little bit funny. Or does "cosmic" mean "not at all a".

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone noticed that Tim and Andrew's blogs are no longer listed on PP's blogroll. I wonder if they had to take them down because it made it far too obvious that PP was just an attack site and it's alleged wider purpose was just bunkum.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Ant Rigerous said...

Needs a life before he has a goal for it IMO.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Jester go back to PP. It's like a normal blog but it's for dumb people." 7:20 AM


Ha. As Obama would quip wittily, "It's sorta like a normal blog, but it's for the 'tards."

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Jeremy said...

I love myself
I want you to love me
When I'm feelin' down
I want you above me
I search myself
I want you to find me
I forget myself
I want you to remind me

I close my eyes
And see you before me
Think I would die
If you were to ignore me
A fool could see
Just how much I adore you
I get down on my knees
I'd do anything for you


Chorus:
I don't want anybody else
When I think about you
I touch myself
I don't want anybody else
Oh no, oh no, oh no!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home