Monday, March 07, 2011

Barrister bewitches

Lefty blogger Alene Composta is quite taken with a fellow Melbournian:
My training is in psychology and counselling, but when I read Jeremy Sear's posts I really wish I also had studied the law. The Melbourne barrister has been a fixture of the online progress-o-sphere for many years and has the distinction of having got the better of Tim Blair and Andrew Bolt on many issues. He runs the Pure Poison blog at Crikey and is tireless in his efforts to counteract the oppressive and instinctive gagging of dissent that is the staple of Australia's conservative media establishment. (At a risk of being sexist, he must turn quite a few heads at parties, demos, and other social functions. Smart and a spunk too! Some people have it all. Don't worry, Jeremy, I'm far too old for you!).
And:
His legal training has equipped him to cut straight to the issues, to bare the core of any argument. It is why his blog is on my daily list of sites to check.
Alene is not the first Lefty blogger to be Sear-smitten. Oh yeah, there also fiancée Kedgie.

Sear charms with both his intellect and his looks. Different strokes for different folks, as they say.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgive me if I'm a little slow on the uptake here, but surely that website is a hoax?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Boy on a bike said...

One would hope so, but if someone is taking the piss, they're putting a huge amount of effort into it.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Chistery said...

She's probably too new a fan to remember the time a petulant and infantile Jeremy published the name and photo of the parking officer who gave him a ticket for parking illegally.

Tim Blair rounded up the issue here.

Of course Jeremy's post now has the offending photo and all comments deleted, but from memory Tim ended the issue by granting Jeremy immunity from any further comment from him in exchange for him removing the photo.

He did so but was 'going to do it anyway, which had nothing to do with "Timmeh"'

Just look at the labels at the end of his post. "Tim Blair being a fuckwit". Jeremy continues to be the little man.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Brendon said...

Someone who calls Melbourne home is a Melburnian.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous ar said...

Fellow Melburnian - I thought Composta was from Seddon? Time for another visit...

Anyway, a hilarious piss-take on the leftists!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Minicapt said...

"... I really wish I also had studied the law."
Some would suggest that Jerry-Me spend more effort on such studies.

Cheers

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Chistery said...

"... I really wish I also had studied the law."

Yeah, and I wish I'd became an airforce pilot. Unfortunately, wishing doesn't change the fact I would have failed the entry requirements by a substantial margin.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous spot said...

Has the taxpayer-funded sheltered workshop that is Our ABC been not Punk'd, but Moose'd ?

Enquiring minds want to know!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home