Monday, September 23, 2013

Full Reichtard

Antony Loewenstein, in the Guardian's blog talks about getting his German passport:
As a Jew born in Australia in 1974, I never imagined that Germany’s long shadow would envelop my adult life. In 2011, I became a German citizen while maintaining my Australian passport, due to a 1954 German law that allowed Jews to re-instate citizenship removed by the Nazis during their reign. I wanted citizenship for a few reasons, not least to honour my family that Germany once rejected, and to have the option of working freely across the European Union.
In case he runs out of options in Australia, no doubt... Okay, so Antony wants an EU passport for work reasons.
The process of acquiring German citizenship has been a long journey that reveals the often tortuous relationships that continue to define Jewish identity in the 21st century.
Or you could just fill out some paperwork at the German consulate.
On 14 January 2011, I arrived at the German consulate in Sydney and waited until a senior official appeared. He congratulated me on becoming a German citizen and asked how I felt. I had tears in my eyes, unsure what to say, but I mumbled something about never imagining that Germany was again so keen to welcome me, as a Jew and atheist, into its heart. I also felt, but didn’t verbalise, that it was a personal victory against Nazism.
Antony Loewenstein. Nazi-hunter and visa rorter. Can't wait until he completes the arrival card:
My identity is a conflicted and messy mix that incorporates Judaism, atheism, anti-Zionism, Germanic traditions and Anglo-Saxon-Australian beliefs. And yet I both routinely reject and embrace them all.
Antony's next book review should be the DSM-IV.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loewenstein's .."identity is a conflicted and messy mix that incorporates Judaism, atheism, anti-Zionism, Germanic traditions and Anglo-Saxon-Australian beliefs." And cocksucking Anthony, don't forget cocksucking.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Paul said...

Vidkun Quisling, a Norwegian traitor, gave his name to a whole class of vermin. Perhaps 'loewenstein' could become the standard title for all self-hating Jews who project their pathetic inadequacies onto others.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Chistery said...

For Germans today, the past is still the present. Overt displays of national pride make your average German cringe and the emotional baggage they carry means they still feel the need to right past wrongs.

Relax, Germans, you've just accepted Loewenstein as a citizen. You're square with the world.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Perhaps 'loewenstein' could become the standard title for all self-hating Jews who project their pathetic inadequacies onto others."
No Paul, I feel "cocksucker" will suffice for this.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Am I missing something... said...

Am I being thick here, but how can Germany reinstate citizenship removed during the Nazi years for someone born nearly 30 years after the whole Nazi project crumbled?

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The decline of western democracy is marked by an advanced country willingly accepting a POS like lowenshite into their fold, as opposed to a burden of birth as an Australian

My respect for German made products just fell through the floor.

Behold, the self hating Germans accept a blowhard talentless attention seeking cocksucker without using google first.

The other poster was right, this wipes their slate for everything

Now if only the fucker is made to surrender his Australian passport in lieu

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Ant L said...

Ooh Dan! I enjoy your slavish attentions and I am sure you, in your own psycho-stalker way, get great pleasure from positing them on your little bolog. Maybe you will win a prize in the Vendetta Blog category at the Bloggies this year.

But you never learn, do you? It must be hard for little people like you who spend most of their lives in an inbred ghetto in a cringing backwater like Melbourne. How could you possibly comprehend my international celebrity status?

I am truly a citizen of the world, respected as a serious pubic intellectual wherever I go. Thus it is entirely appropriate that I am also a citizen of Germany and have an EU passport.

If you won't take a tip from moi, look at David Suzuki - an intellectual giant of our timeses. It doesn't matter that he is a fact free zone or that he is not on top of his brief. He looks way cool, perhaps a little exotic and, importantly, he prattles platitudes most musical to the ears of the chattering classes.

Suzuki transcends the hidebound conservatism you seem so mired in, Dan. He has transcended the rules of logic and common sense. And so the ABC and its audience love him. He gets a Q&A show to himself! You need to learn from him, Dan. Have you any idea how nicely nice it feels to have Tony Jones' warm wet tongue rimming your ring?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Shirl in Oz said...

"I had tears in my eyes, unsure what to say"

I can't believe that dahling Antony can be such a sensitive little angel.

How cute.!!

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home