Tuesday, May 22, 2007

LOEWENSTEIN'S BLOG SELF-CENSORS


The shenanigans continue at Antony Loewenstein's blog, home of the disappearing comment. This time a whole post by Loewenstein's partner Andre has silently and mysteriously vanished. A screen-shot of the RSS feed follows:

















A Google search reveals the comment did indeed exist but clicking the link produces an Error 404 – Not Found. Very strange.

As an older guy my memory isn't what it once was but I can't remember removing even one of my almost 2,300 posts. And if I did remove a post I would certainly follow the unwritten rules of blogging and tell my readers why the post was removed. Loewenstein obviously feels such transparency is unnecessary.

Did Andre censor himself? Did Loewenstein censor Andre? Either way, there's a whole lot of censoring going on at Loewenstein's blog, which is odd since his only claim to fame is that he is the victim of censorship.

Update: On his recent visit to Cuba where does Loewenstein go to meet the locals?
I met Felix at the Iranian embassy in Havana.
Loewenstein in Cuba hanging out at the Iranian embassy; nothing out of the ordinary here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Steve said...

JB, did you notice Antony had a "Comment if Free" piece in the Guardian today, about Cuba. For some reason, he mentions meeting someone there at the Iranian embassy. Odd, don't you think?

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andre (previously addamo) is a serious anti semetic. Tim Blair banned him from his blog, but Loewenstein loves him. And addamo, oops I mean Andre, loves Antony. You've gotta be flabbergasted at the way he speaks for Antony without checking with Antony -- makes you wonder if they're the same person.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Toaf said...

I echo Dave Surls, except in my case it's rightist sites. Imagine that.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home