Tuesday, June 24, 2008

FOOD'S OKAY BUT THE PEOPLE ARE GREAT

As previously noted, simple folk can find a visit to McDonalds deeply satisfying while for sophisticated lefties it's an experience about as pleasant as incarceration at Gitmo. Now we hear from an obviously sophisticated blogger whose faith in her fellow humans is renewed by a visit to McDonalds:
As we approached the counter, I realised I was about to faint. I have a bit of a tendency to do this. Instead of ordering a Happy Meal as intended, I slumped to the floor. I’m sure I didn’t fall gracefully, particularly given my bulk at the moment, but I don’t really know.

The good thing was how many people helped me - someone put a jumper under my head, someone got me a drink of water, everyone kept an eye on my daughter and reassured her. Later, a lady went up to the counter and placed my food order for me, as well as checking whether I was okay to drive home.

Fortunately, after resting for a while and eating some food, I felt a lot better. It was a bit embarrassing to collapse like that in public, but the nice thing was seeing how many good people there were who were willing to help me. Restores your faith in humanity!
At McDonalds.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Legal Eagle said...

I find Maccas in the daytime fascinating, actually. It's like a microcosm of society - there's families, school kids (presumably skyving off school? or on a lunch break?), elderly people, intellectually disabled people out with their carers, and people of all different ethnicities and social backgrounds. It's a "broad church" which obviously welcomes people. And yep, as I said in my post, I've also found that the clientele are nice!

Don't know quite where the snobbery about Maccas came from, but I don't share it.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home