Friday, March 16, 2007

BLOGGER SLIPS A COG


Tigttog, one of the man-hating females at Larvatus Prodeo, theorizes that grouped males often behave badly due to "the common voluntary male subjection to the homosocial phenomenon whereby men who don’t 'go along' with 'the blokes' are ostracised". This male herding instinct apparently explains every bad male behaviour from the My Lai massacre to gay hating, to gang rape and vandalism. She knows this to be true because she saw just such male conformity on Ricky Gervais' Extras. Worst of all, she's worried her autistic son is in danger of being corrupted by a desire to be one of the blokes.

I'm not the only one thinking this post is nutty and hateful:
This post segues from My Lai to the “homosocial phenomenon whereby men who don’t “go along” with “the blokes” are ostracised”. It makes Janet Albrechtsen seem like a model of logic and intellectual rigour. Look up “non sequitur” in the dictionary, and you’ll see a picture of tigtog.

What particularly bugs me is that if I wrote a post about Lindy England, and then went on to make sweeping negative generalisations about female social behaviour, people would — quite rightly — denounce me as a misogynist and an idiot. But apparently it’s fine to do this sort of thing when your target is male.
Life can't be easy for women who think all men are jerks, or worse.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is she currently married or did she get dumped? Do you or anyone know as it could explain a lot.

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Simon said...

I liked this part the best -

"I’d certainly rather him be a Thompson than a Calley, and in our household the events of My Lai are marked annually."

I would have thought that any bloke silly enough to go out with this bint would be packing his bags about a day after the annual My Lai festival.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Legal Eagle said...

I have written a post in which I disagree with the gender claims of this post, and explore issues of why people obey orders.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous nic said...

Its the usual dolts bleating '1 snatch good, 2 balls bad. Which kind of explains why they like Bahnisch so much.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home