Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hi, we're with the government and we're here to make your house unsafe

The federal government's incompetently managed home insulation scheme brought house fires and electrocutions. The West Australian government's smoke alarm and earth leakage circuit breakers installation program – meant to be life-savers – is, like the federal scheme, a killer:

The Department of Housing was investigated by the Auditor General after the electrocution death of a three-year-old Roebourne boy in State housing home in September last year.

The boy was electrocuted after he crawled into a hole in a wall and touched a wet extension cord while playing hide-and-seek during a family birthday party at the squalid Department of Housing duplex.

The Auditor General's report, tabled in Parliament today, found the Department had unreliable property information, inadequate monitoring and oversight of retrofit programs and weaknesses in property management inspection programs.

The road to Hell...



Post a Comment

<< Home