Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hear no Stupid

Huffington Post reports the excitement of a deaf American student who communicated with Barack Obama in ASL (American Sign Language).
The moment I will never forget was when he looked at me. He gave me a chance to talk to him. It was like he was waiting for me to say something. I took the moment and signed “I am proud of you,” and his response was “Thank u” in sign language back! Oh my gosh! I was like wow! He understood me after I said I was proud of him.
Why do I get the feeling had he signed "My Hovercraft is full of eels", the President would have signed "Thank You"?

Comments to the post are just as giddy.
The haters will never uderstand this.

Very cool that he knows another language.
But does he truly uderstand?

3 Comments:

Anonymous ti3vom said...

My icecream has no bones

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Jasbo said...

Mmm...a Goodies fan?

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Dan Lewis said...

Jasbo,

Hovercrafts full of eels are from Monty Python. Look up the Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home