Thursday, August 23, 2007

WORD NERD CONFUSED

Entomology PhD Bug Girl on one of her passions:
If you know me, you know that I’m a grammar nerd. And I love to read, and I love words.

One of my favorite books is Eats, Shoots, and Leaves. Followed closely by Ann Fadiman’s Ex Libris.
Uh, there's a superfluous comma in there: the title of the book is Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation. Bug Girl's error is ironic in view of the author's intent in choosing that particular title for a book about punctuation -- which is not the same as grammar, by the way. It's also Anne Fadiman.

That's Okay, Bug Girl claims to know a lot about DDT and she's no expert on that either.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jack Lacton said...

Bug Girl really is surprisingly dim.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous the_real_jeffs said...

Is the Bug Girl an up and coming Margo?

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home