No chain gangs or solitary confinement at an Innisfail detention facility:
Authorities have shut down a controversial prison work camp and launched an investigation into claims by a former inmate that prisoners are living a life of luxury.
Among the perks prisoners enjoyed were:
• Roast chicken and Eagle Boys pizza for dinner
• Flat screen TVs with Austar access and DVD players
• Easy access to drugs, pornography and mobile phones
• Unsupervised trips for shopping
• Free time at the beach and waterholes every Sunday
• Unlimited visits from girlfriends
• Regular use of the work camp bus
What, no sauna?